Roaring fireplace, cool evenings, and the smell of your favorite holiday treats being baked in the kitchen… October is the beginning of the coziest time of year. Lucky for us, October is National Bake and Decorate Month! This holiday gives us the perfect excuse to bake up our favorite festive snacks and enjoy. For a fun twist on some holiday favorites, we’ve listed three spooktacular treats that are sure to put you and the family in the spirit of the season!
Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 4 cups small marshmallows
- 1/8 cup pumpkin
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Melt butter in large pan on medium-low heat.
- Add marshmallows
- After marshmallows are melted, add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and stir. Add more spice to taste if necessary.
- Toss in Rice Krispie cereal and stir.
- Pour treat mix into a greased, 9×13 baking pan. Use wax paper to flatten out treat mix.
- Let treats cool and enjoy!
Apple Pie Bites
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice and additional apple pie spice (about ¼ tsp.) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced in ½ inch slices
- 1 (8 oz.) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice and set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter and set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture on each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle with chopped pecans
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle and wrap dough around apple
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter and sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie slice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Brownie mix
- ½ can of pumpkin
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to temperature instructed on brownie box.
- Make brownie mix in separate bowl and add chocolate chips
- Mix the pumpkin, cream cheese (softened), sugar and pumpkin pie spice in another bowl. Mix until smooth
- Spray pan and pour half of brownie mix into pan. Spread out until entire bottom of pan is covered.
- Spoon pumpkin on top of brownie mix and spread evenly. Cover pumpkin with remaining brownie mix.
- Cook brownies for instructed amount of time on box
- Stick brownie with a fork to ensure they are done. Enjoy!